The Trading Online Voucher scheme is a government of Ireland initiative to help get Irish businesses trading online more effectively, increase profitability and explore new markets.
Who is eligible to apply for a Trading Online Voucher?
- Small business with up to 10 employees
- Limited or no e-commerce presence
- Turnover of less than €2 million
- Applicants must be registered and trading for a minimum of 6 months
- Business must be located in the catchment area of a LEO that is participating in this scheme
- Completion of online trading voucher seminar within the last 9 months
The Scheme also allows subscriptions to low-cost online retailing platform solutions to quickly set up a retailing presence online.
The maximum value for the voucher is €2,500 or 50% of the eligible expense (net of VAT) and you need to get the approval before incurring any expense.
You can use the Trading Online Voucher for one or more of the following:
- IT, digital marketing or digital strategy consultation
- Development or upgrade of an e-commerce website
- Implementation of online payment facilities or booking systems
- Purchase of Internet related software
- Purchase of online advertising (for up to 30% of the approved Voucher costs and it can only be drawn down in one payment phase)
- Development of an app (or multi-platform webpages)
- Development of a digital marketing strategy
- Implementing a digital marketing strategy
- Training/skills development specifically to establish and manage an on-line trading activity
- Subscriptions (excluding transaction costs) to low cost online retail platform solutions, which would allow applicants to quickly establish a retailing presence online
How to Apply
To apply for the TOV scheme you will need to follow two steps:
- Attending the TOV Information Seminar/Webinar
- Submitting the TOV Application Form along with quotes from three suppliers and evidence of duration of trading